SURGICAL SOLUTION TO GIVE WEIGHT: STOMACH BALLOON
The first use of the gastric balloon, which was first applied by heart surgeon Debakey in 1982, is to reduce the risk of surgery by weakening obese heart patients before the operation. Today, the stomach balloon is one of the most common non-surgical methods for obesity treatment for those who want to lose weight.
• It is possible to lose 20-25 pounds with this treatment method. At least 2-3 weight loss per month can be achieved in 6 months. A person who complies with regular diets and exercises, observed weight loss of up to 30-40 kilos.
• It causes significant reduction of other disease risks (such as vascular diseases, joint diseases) due to excess weight.
• It is used to lose weight quickly before obesity surgery. In this way, the risks of surgery are minimized.
• This technique is used to lose weight in people who do not have excess weight problems but are not suitable for surgical procedures.
• There are 6-month and 1-year balloons. When expired, it should be removed endoscopically.
• It is important for this practice to stick to the diet after the balloon is removed.
• If diet is not followed, weight gain is observed again.
HOW TO INSTALL THE STOMACH BALLOON?
Stomach balloon treatment is carried out on average in 15 minutes, in light sleep or after general anesthesia. Stomach balloon application is completely bloodless. The balloon is sent deflated from mouth to stomach. When it reaches the stomach, it is inflated with approximately 900 cc of air thanks to the tube attached to its end. It easily leaves the tube it is attached to and leaves it in the stomach. Since the procedure time is short, it does not create a situation that would require hospitalization. It should be removed approximately 6-12 months after installation.
WHO IS THE STOMACH BALLOON APPLIED?
• It can be used to lose weight in people aged 18 to 65.
• People with a body mass index (BMI = body weight / square in feet) of 30-40 or more
• It can be applied in patients who have been obese for at least 5 years.
• It can be applied to obese patients who have tried diet, exercise and drug treatments to lose weight and have not achieved results.
• It can be applied as an option due to the reduction of the risk of surgery before surgical operations.
• It can be applied to people who do not have any medical disabilities to place the stomach balloon.
• It can be applied to people who are reluctant to perform stomach surgery procedures to lose weight.
• It can be used in those who want to lose a certain weight in a short time.
WHAT IS THE STOMACH BALLOON METHOD NOT APPLIED?
• In obesity patients under the age of 16 and over the age of 16, this treatment is not applied for weight loss.
• It does not apply to people who are addicted to alcohol and drugs.
• It is not recommended for people with esophagitis and diseases such as ulcers.
• This method should not be used to lose weight only for cosmetic purposes in people whose body mass index is not suitable.
• It should not be applied to obese people who have previously had gastrointestinal surgery and have a tendency to bleed or bleed.
• It should not be applied to patients who have had abdominal surgery.
• It should not be applied to people using rheumatic painkillers, blood thinners or systemic cortisone.
• It should not be applied to overweight people with mental disorders. (It can be used for three months provided that weight loss is under the control of a psychiatrist).