Some people may hesitate for a hair transplant, which is one of the most recently performed procedures. In this case, questions are also asked such as whether any complications occur after the procedure and what kind of side effects there are. It has been scientifically proven that positive results can be achieved after hair transplantation. Although patients can see the results of the procedure after the operation, it usually takes several years to complete the procedure. Therefore, it is necessary to wait patiently after the operation.
After the hair transplant procedures, it is necessary to complete the medications and applications recommended by the doctor to successfully complete the process.
The day after the hair transplant, the hair must be washed meticulously to clean the blood on the skin. Side effects like numbness and redness are normal for the first day. The next day, the forehead may swell. In the first month after the hair transplant, the hair follicles rest and dyeing is possible. After the first month, the hair begins to grow slowly in thin strands and the lost hair grows back. In the first year after the hair transplant process, the hair takes its final shape and the process is completed.
What should be considered after hair transplant?
Hair transplant is one of the most delicate procedures. Therefore, it requires a lot of care and attention. After hair transplant surgery, there are some points to consider.
- Sleep on a high pillow for the first 3-4 days. It is recommended that you sleep with your head and torso at the top.
- Apply the ice pack to the seam part for 10 minutes every hour.
- Cleanse the affected area with gauze and continue the ice packs for 3 days.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages should be avoided for three days after surgery.
- Avoid heavy sports like cycling and soccer for three days after surgery.
- Although rare, bleeding in the form of small pain can occur at one or more graft sites. In this case, apply gentle pressure for 10 minutes with a damp towel.
- For 5 days after surgery, use a hair dryer with a cool setting. (Bleeding may occur if you use the hot hair dryer.)